Plan now to join the pediatric surgery community for another stellar educational program featuring the latest advances in the field. The APSA Annual Meeting offers the latest techniques, advances, trends and equipment for pediatric surgery, plus opportunities to network and downtime to spend with your family or to explore the island. Download the Final Program (PDF 7.5 MB).
Pre-registration for the APSA 44th Annual Meeting closed on April 10, 2013; however, you may register in person at the conference. Learn more.
Annual Meeting MOC CME
You must log in and submit your APSA 44th Annual Meeting MOC CME online.
- View the full list of MOC CME questions (questions only)
- Education Session I: Palliative Care and Pain Management (questions, discussion and references)
- Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee Systematic Reviews (questions, discussion and references)
- Education Session II: Social Media (questions, discussion and references)
Jay and Margie Grosfeld Lecture
Thursday, May 2, 11:15 a.m.
Jessica J. Kandel, MD
"Serendipity: Translational Research, High Quality
Jorge D. Reyes, MD
An Unexpected Journey"
International Guest Lecture
Friday, May 3, Noon
Agostino Pierro, MD
"Across the Ocean: Perspectives for Clinical
David B. Hoyt, MD
"The American College of Surgeons Model
Keith T. Oldham, MD
"The Right Stuff"
Download the Final Program
New in 2013
- Endosurgical Simulation Courses—hands-on courses taught one-on-one by experts in minimally invasive pediatric surgery. Courses require registration and an additional fee.
- Inaugural Travel Fellowship Presentation—Dr. Omolara Williams will discuss her experiences as a pediatric surgeon in Nigeria at the Lagos State University College of Medicine and the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital
- TWO M. Judah Folkman Memorial Awards for podium presentations—beginning in 2013 the Folkman Awards will only be given for outstanding podium presentations. Poster presentations are only eligible for the two Posters of Distinction awards.
- Meeting App—Included in all full meeting registrations, the Meeting App puts everything at your fingertips. Search the agenda, speaker profiles, attendee rosters, social media feeds and more!
Make the most of the Social Networking Workshop and get a new perspective on the Annual Meeting!
Create a Twitter Account before you go. It's quick and easy! Sign up now.
Follow us: @APSASurgeons
Talk about the meeting: #eAPSA2013
The abstract submission period for the APSA 44th Annual Meeting closed September 19, 2012. All submitting authors will be notified of the review outcome by December 1. Notifications will be sent to the corresponding author’s e-mail address provided during submission.
Encourage Your Nursing Colleagues to Attend the APSNA Scientific Meeting
The American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association (APSNA) is an organization that promotes excellence in pediatric surgical nursing practice through educational offerings, nursing research, professional collaboration and peer support. The organization enters its twenty-second year as an association, and will host the 22nd Annual APSNA Scientific Meeting in Marco Island, FL, on April 29 – May 2, 2013, directly preceding the APSA Annual Meeting. APSNA would like to invite you or your nursing, healthcare colleague to attend their annual conference. APSNA knows we are all having difficulty in these economic times to attend conferences BUT this is a conference specifically designed for the care of the pediatric surgical patient. Please help by supporting your nurse and physician assistants to attend. For more information, visit the APSNA website.
|Abstract Notification||December 1, 2012|
|Early Registration Discount Deadline||March 7, 2013|
|Hotel Reservation Deadline||March 29, 2013|
|Advance Registration Deadline - EXTENDED||April 9, 2013|
Spread the Word for 2013...
Add this slide to your next presentation.
The American Pediatric Surgical Association (APSA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for