APSA Committees carry out a number of different critical functions for the association. To learn more about a specific committee, click on the name below.
NEW Committee Appointment Process
Committee requests are collected electronically via Survey Monkey. The request period for the 2016 appointment cycle has ended. The 2017 cycle will open in June of 2017. Email and phone requests will not be considered.
Who should submit a request:
- If you have never served on an APSA committee
- If you would like to serve on another committee in addition to your current appointment
- If your current term ends 8/31/2016, and you would like to serve on a different committee
- If you applied, but were not appointed in 2015
Who should NOT submit a request:
- If you are currently serving on a committee and do not wish to make any changes
- Your current term ends 8/31/2016 and you wish to extend your term on the same committee. Contact your chair by June 30 to make this request.
Who is eligible to serve on APSA committees?
All members in good standing: Regular, International, Associate, Candidate, Resident and Senior members.
Appointment Terms and Notification of Appointment
- Most appointments are for a 2-year term for chair and vice chair, 3-year term for members. Candidate and Resident members are appointed for 2-year terms as consultants. Some exceptions apply.
- All applicants will be notified of appointment by September 1, 2016.
Questions? Contact APSA staff.