A resident member must be a general surgery resident in good standing in an Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-approved residency program or Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (RCSC)-equivalent or
in a training position during or after completion of the residency, but not yet a fellow in an ACGME- or RCSC-approved training program in pediatric surgery.
The term of membership will be for one year and will automatically expire after one year unless a written request for extension is submitted to and approved by the Membership & Credentials Committee.
- Discounted subscription for CME programs, including ExPERT and NaT
- Discounted subscription to the Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Resources & News
- Monthly literature reviews from the APSA Outcomes, Cancer, Ethics, Fetal, Critical Care and Trauma Committees
- Quarterly APSA e-newsletter On Call
- STEPS Toolbox - educational resources for teaching junior residents and medical students
- White papers, Handbooks on Cancer Surgery and APSA statements and guidelines
Collaboration & Networking
- Access to the APSA member directory
- Collaboration with the pediatric surgery community
- Pediatric surgery-specific news
There are no dues for Resident Membership, and an optional subscription to the Journal of Pediatric Surgery may be purchased at a discounted rate of $189 per year.
Membership applications are completed online. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
To apply for Resident Membership, you must complete an application.
Click here to view application requirements
Click here to start an application
Questions? contact APSA staff