Manuscript submission is available February 15 – March 15, 2017.
Authors presenting podium or posters with oral presentations are encouraged to submit manuscripts for publication in the Journal of Pediatric Surgery
. Video presentations and display-only posters are not
eligible. Authors who are the designated contacts for their abstract received notification of manuscript submission with a unique link to the submission site.
Selected manuscripts will be published in the January 2018 issue of the Journal of Pediatric Surgery.
- The entire manuscript must be submitted as one MS Word file: text and tables/graphics/pictures included.
- Submissions that do not adhere to the instructions will not be considered for publication.
- The submission is required to be original work and not published previously.
- Files must be in MS Word format and may not exceed 3MB.
- Manuscripts must be double-spaced and are limited to 12 pages, including illustrations. Page limit does not include title, legend and reference pages.
- Manuscript information should be displayed in the following order:
- Title page:
- Authors’ first and last names
- Name, mailing address, telephone and e-mail address of the corresponding author
- Author contributions in one or more of the following categories (ghost-writing is not acceptable and contributors who do not meet the following criteria should be listed in the acknowledgement):
- study conception and design
- acquisition of data
- analysis and interpretation of data
- drafting of manuscript
- critical revision of manuscript
- Institutions represented
- Level of Evidence (see instruction document)
- Abstract – 200 words: Background/purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusions
- Keywords – up to 6 (index words no longer used)
- Body of manuscript
- Legend sheet for figures. Figures are labeled according to the legend sheet.
- Tables and figures should be cited in order with their position marked in the margin of the manuscript.
- References must be double-spaced, numbered and compiled according to citation order in the text, in the Journal of Pediatric Surgery format.
- Authors of clinical studies are encouraged to use the Journal of Pediatric Surgery clinical research guidelines in preparing their manuscript. Filling out the checklist and submitting it with your manuscript is NOT required.